Corporate Team Building activities Philadelphia companies participate in are ones that challenge their employees to partake in experiences they other wise wouldn’t. Below are two examples of free team building experiences and one that requires a budget. All will help to build a stronger team. What is important to remember is that team building comes in all shapes and sizes.
3 Corporate team building activities philadelphia companies can utilize
Group Size: Small – Medium
Overview: Teammates must communicate via eye contact to achieve the goals of the game
- Have all of your teammates stand in a circle with one person in the middle.
- Goal of the person in the middle: To switch places with someone in the outer circle
- Goal of people in the outer circle: To avoid switching spots with the person in the middle, while switching spots with others in the outer circle
- Method for switching places: Make eye contact. WITHOUT talking or additional gestures. Then switch places with the person you made eye contact with
Group Size: Small- Large
Preparation: Create trivia question list
Overview: You teams will be engaged in a battle of wit and will as they solve tricky trivia questions
- Split your team up into groups
- Have them come up with a fun team name
- Have the teams answer as many of the trivia questions as they can, working together to get the answers
- At the end crown the winner!
- Alternatives: You can allow smart phones and computers, or you can disallow them
- You can make the questions easy, medium or super tough
Cost: Requires allocation of a budget depending on what you are going for
Group Size: Small-Large
Prep Time: Substantial
Overview: Another favorite corporate team building activity Philadelphia companies enjoy is to scavenger hunt through Historic Philadelphia. This option combines the great benefits from scavenger hunting with the amazing culture of Philadelphia. Allowing teams to work together and experience things in a way like never before.
Directions: cityHUNT’s personal recommendation for this option is to contact us to get a rockin’ historic corporate team building activity in Philadelphia. This way your prep time will be minimal and you can enjoy the benefits of the team building activity with out the stress of planning.
cityHUNT attended the Gamification Summit held in San Francisco this April. As if attending the G- Summit was not enough of an honor, we were able to Partner with G-summit and host a Team Building Scavenger Hunt in Union Square, SF for those attending the summit the night before. Below is our experience at this amazing Summit!
cityHUNT’s Experience at the Gamification Summit
What is the Gamification Summit?
This Summit brings together experts in the field of gamification to share their advancement and, creations and ideas in the field of gamification. The focus of the Summit is the use of game mechanics to make the world a better place.
Our Scavenger Hunt at the G-Summit
cityHUNT has held many team building scavenger hunts for conferences in the past. What made our experience at the Gamfication Summit unique was that we were able to attend the conference after the hunt and see the after effects.
- Our Goals For Conference Scavenger Hunts:
- To break the ice
- To get everyone exploring the city
- To get people socializing and interacting together
- To get everyone to have an amazing experience
- To form social relationships between those who otherwise typically would not experience them
Results From our Scavenger Hunt at the Gamification Summit:
- The day of the summit we saw people who were on the same teams sitting with each other and socializing
- Many had made plans to keep in touch
- The atmosphere of the conference had far less social awkwardness than other conference
One participant to us:
“During the beginning of a conference you are looking for a reason to loosen up and get to know people. The scavenger hunt allowed for this to happen. The day off the conference there was a comfort zone because people from my team would come up to me. If they could come up to me, I could go up to other people. It increase my comfort level and confidence at the conference.”
cityHUNT’s CEO on the experience
“I was thrilled to see how our scavenger hunt impacted the experience of the conference for those whoparticipated. Not only did I get to see the chance how our work positively impacted others, but I got to experience what the G-Summit has to offer. Gamification has so many amazing applications. Did you know that there is a game where the points you earn actually raise awareness and cause real trees to be planted?
The Gamification summit does a fantastic job getting those who attend interacting with game mechanics to solve problems, so that they can truly experience and understand how gamification can be used to impact the world. It is by far my favorite conference I have gone to in terms of how it is set up.
Thank you for allowing cityHUNT to be a part of your Summit! “
Coming Soon: Be on the lookout for a case study on our experience at the Gamification Summit!
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- January 2011
- January 2000